If anyone has reason to be thankful, it is I. It’s true that now is my least favorite year (barren trees, freezing temperatures and snow as I write!), and it’s true that I’ve exchanged time on my beloved Bellingham trails for the stationary bike and water running while I let my foot heal, BUT still… what a life I have. I live in a great community with a loving man and two flat nosed little dogs who think I’m the cat’s meow.
I have the most stellar set of friends any woman has ever had. And this year, I not only finished my quest to hit the ground running on every continent, but I lived out a dream to complete and publish a book!
So even as I lament having to exercise my body inside of buildings instead of outside in the elements (as unaccommodating as they have been this week), I have to put my thankfulness firmly out into the universe. Here is a list of what I’m thankful for today – from the basic to the minute:
- A warm home, enough food and a clean bed – not everyone has this, you know
- The luck to live in a country where I, as a woman, have rights and many, many choices in my life – not everyone has this, either
- Every person who has cheered me in a race, shown up at a reading or commented on my blog – I needed you and you were there – thank you
- Every glass of good red wine I have ever tasted, but especially those made in Washington State
- Sports bras
- Hair coloring
- Arizona in the winter
- Books – and publishers (especially Seal Press!)
- A healthy body, my current struggle notwithstanding
- My partner, Bill, who daily lives up to his promise to stay in the fray with me, even when it is less than pleasant.
What does your list look like? Have a great weekend as you think about it.